Types of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry is an effective way to deal with any number of discomforts that can accompany dental treatments. A perfect option for those who suffer from dental phobia, sedation dentistry is also good for people who struggle with anxiety prior to any medical procedure or issues such as:
- A hypersensitive gag reflex
- Highly sensitive teeth
- TMJ or neuromuscular discomfort
- The need to sit still for longer periods of time
If you live in Cary, Garner, or surrounding areas of North Carolina and would like to learn if sedation dentistry is a good fit for your needs, please call (919) 772-1811 or contact Moore Family Dentistry online to schedule an informative consultation.
Sedation Dentistry Options
Sedation dentistry options available at our office include:
- Nitrous oxide – also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide works to both disrupt pain sensation and instill a sense of calm and relaxation. Highly effective but short-lived, Dr. Moore will need to provide a continuous flow of nitrous oxide during your treatment for optimal results
- Oral sedation – we offer both in-office oral sedation and single-dose options. For single-dose options, an anxiolytic medication will be taken before bedtime the night prior to your treatment and again one hour before your appointment. These medications will produce a calming effect and allow for complete relaxation during even longer procedures. In-office oral sedation will include a combination of medications to achieve a similar effect and will be administered in an order that allows for the highest level of comfort one hour before your appointment
There are a number of things that can impact your candidacy for sedation dentistry, but by offering several options, we are able to find an ideal solution for nearly every patient. The best way to learn which type of sedation will meet your needs is by calling Dr. Moore at (919) 772-1811 and scheduling a treatment consultation. We welcome people living in Cary, Garner, and all surrounding North Carolina communities to call our office and learn more about our sedation dentistry offerings.