Invisalign® Clear Braces
If you’ve been avoiding orthodontic treatment due to the inconvenience, discomfort, and unsightly nature of metal braces, then Invisalign® may be a great option for you. Invisalign® uses a series of clear plastic aligners to gradually straighten your teeth. Due to many of the benefits associated with this treatment, it has increasingly become the preferred orthodontic option for many adults.
While Invisalign® is an effective way to achieve your orthodontic goals, the procedure isn’t suitable for everyone. To find out whether you are an ideal Invisalign® candidate, you should speak with our Invisalign dentist, Dr. Adam Moore in person. Dr. Moore is a Preferred Invisalign® Provider and has the experience necessary to deliver the exceptional results you deserve.
Please call (919) 772-1811 today to schedule a consultation at our Garner Family Dentistry office.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign® offers several important benefits compared with other orthodontics options:
- Invisible — The clear aligners used with your Invisalign® treatment will not be noticeable by others, making them preferable for adults who don’t want to flash a mouth full of metal for a year or two.
- Removable — You can take out your aligners, making it easier to eat and perform routine oral hygiene practices such as brushing and flossing. In addition, you can take out your aligners for pictures, allowing you to look your best in photos at important family events.
- Customized — Dr. Moore will take an impression of your teeth and bite in order customize your Invisalign® aligners, ensuring your treatment addresses the specific orthodontic issues you are facing.
- Comfort — The plastic Invisalign® aligners have smooth edges and are custom-fit to your teeth, preventing the irritation and discomfort typically associated with metal braces.
- Less office visits — Enjoy the convenience of fewer office visits compared with traditional orthodontics options. Dr. Moore will only need to evaluate your progress every 4-6 weeks.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign®?
In general, Invisalign® achieves excellent results in cases involving mild to moderate bite alignment issues, including:
- Unevenly spaced teeth
- Crowded teeth
However, the procedure is not as effective for patients with more severe alignment issues. In these situations, our dentist may recommend alternative orthodontic treatment options.
Your Invisalign Procedure
Dr. Moore will take a digital impression of your bite using 3D computer imaging technology. This impression will be used by the Invisalign® lab to create your customized aligners.
Each aligner is worn for about two weeks in order to shift your teeth closer to their desired position. You will then move onto the next aligner in the series, which will continue to move your teeth. This process continues until you have worn every aligner in the series and your teeth have reached their desired position.
In order for the Invisalign® process to deliver optimal results, you must wear the aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day. The aligners can and should be removed while you eat and when you brush your teeth, but make sure to wear them at all other times, both when awake and asleep.
The total length of time for Invisalign® treatment varies on a case-by-case basis, but most patients achieve their desired results in approximately one year. During your initial consultation, Dr. Moore will give you a more accurate estimate of your expected treatment duration.
To find out if Invisalign® is right for you, please contact Moore Family Dentistry today to schedule a consultation. Dr. Adam Moore serves patients in Garner and Cary, North Carolina.